Laser Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is one of the most sought-after dental cosmetic procedures. There is a wide variety of DIY take-home solutions available on the market. However, none of them can achieve the instant results that the in-office whitening procedure offers. The main benefit with the Biolase EPIC X kit is that it is twice as fast as other in-office systems on the market.
How does in work?
The laser energy from EPIC laser interacts with chromophores in the proprietary laser-activated gel. This process helps with the sensitivity of the teeth minimizing it from zero to negligible sensitivity.
Laser whitening - Step By Step:
· The shade of the patient's teeth is measured and recorded using a shade guide. Thereafter the surface of the teeth are cleaned using a non-glycerin pumice and dental plaque remover. A petroleum jelly product like Vaseline is used to moisturize and protect the lips and cotton wool is applied for comfort.
· The teeth and gum tissue are rinsed and dried thoroughly for the application of a liquid dam that is applied to the gingival. The liquid dam is then cured in sections with a curing light.
· Ensuring that the gel does not come in contact with the gums, tongue, and lips, the pre-mixed gel is applied onto the teeth with a base barrel. Sensitivity and discomfort are assessed. If any sensitivity occurs, the procedure is paused and a desensitizer that comes in the kit is used.
· The laser application is done by placing the whitening handpiece with a disposable clear cap, which is attached without contacting the gel. The gel is then removed using a surgical suction tip followed by a water spray thereafter to remove access gel.
· After repeating a few steps, the teeth are flossed to remove any of the liquid dam form interproximal spaces. Finally, the newly whitened teeth are polished to give luster and shine.