Laser Pain Therapy (Biolase)
At Reddy Dental, we make use of the latest in pain management technology with our Biolase Pain Therapy. The Biolase laser pain therapy uses laser light to relieve oral pain. The procedures last between 5-10 minutes and are to be repeated every 2-4 days.
· This new method of pain relief elevates skin temperature to temporarily relieve minor pain.
· The standard procedure commonly comes in the form of a short series of 2-6 treatment quick sessions.
· This therapeutic way of pain relieve works by temporarily relaxing the muscles which temporarily reduces pain.
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD) The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) connects the lower jaw to the skull. TMD arises when this joint is exposed to trauma such as injuries to the neck or head and can be aggravated by teeth grinding and clenching.
How does it work? The Biolase EPIC laser technology works as a topical heating device. It assists in increased blood circulation and muscle relaxation for a short period. This way, the treatment relieves joint pain and stiffness in the area for up to 48 hours.
Signs and symptoms of TMD
· Clicking or popping sounds in the jaw area.
· Swelling on the side of your head.
· Earaches or ringing of ears.
· Facial pain.
· Neck, shoulder and back pain.
· Chronic headaches.